Christmas Day came very fast. It was a late night on Christmas Eve, and then I needed to stay awake to put the Turkey in the oven. Sometime between 2 and 3am is when I finally hit the pillow, after all my "duties" where finished :) 7:30am came fast, but it was all worth it. The kids had an awesome christmas. IPODS, SKI PASSES, SNOW BOARD BAGS, a ton of STAR WARS things, and a ton of other things, the kids apparently were "GOOD" this year... and that they were. I am so thankfull that I have such awesome kids. The two oldest kids have been great, as well as the baby. Alittle teenage attidudes here and there, but so far nothing that I have had to worry about... I am knocking on wood right now!!!!!!
After we opened our gifts, Drew's Dad, Step Mom, Sister and Step-Brother came over for breakfast/brunch and to open gifts. We had a really nice morning with them. Of course we all got some fantastic presents, the kids of course got everything that Santa forgot about. It always works that way, and works out great! They are the most wonderful people in the world. I am truely lucky to have the in laws that I have!
In the early afternoon, my Mom, Sister and her family came over for Dinner. The kids have a blast running around and playing. We just do a gift exchange with the kids and this year, my sister came up with a great idea. She got all the girls a family necklace that symbolizes "cousins". It was an awesome idea. The girls loved them. My brother called and we all got to chat with him. We missed him terribly, but he will be home soon. Christmas was another fantastic day for us. We are all so blessed and lucky to have a healthy family.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment